Thursday, April 30, 2009

Marie Shoe Soiree

Welcome to my Marie Shoe Sioree! I am fashionably late because of my sweet little one who has been sick and needed Mommy's attention. Luckily I had to design and photograph some shoes which are her favorite things on the planet so eventually she let me get to work.
This first pair of Pink Frill Shoes were purchased for $1 at my favorite consignment store. They were originally purchased for $75 from Bandolino. I embellished them with my Seam binding Crepe paper frills and a touch of Vintage rhinestones.

My second pair of purple shoes were also purchased for $1. They are more of a modern day Marie shoe that are simple enough to be worn with a frilly top and jeans.
I had some amazing artists join me for this Soiree. Please make your way around the event by visiting these ladies beatiful blogs to see more photos of the Magnificent Altered Shoes Created.



~~Jenny~~Fated Follies~~Jenny~~Fated Follies~~Jenny~~Fated Follies~~


~~Magic Moonlight~~ Magic Moonlight~~Magic Moonlight~~



~~Cathy Michaels~~Cathy Michaels~~Cathy Michaels~~Cathy Michaels~~

Twyla & Lindsey~~Two Crazy Crafters~~Twyla & Lindsey~~Two Crazy Crafters


Celtic Woman~~Celtic Woman~~Celtic Woman~~Celtic Woman~~Celtic WomanThank you so much for coming by! I hope this opens up your mind to how we can be our own shoe designers during these times where Everyone is on a new tighter budget. During these times is when the True creativity is experienced. When you are given limited funds and supplies is when you are prone to come up with your masterpieces.



11 comments:

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Those shoes are fabulous! Certainly befitting of a glamorous ball!

I hope youre little one is feeling better! =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela,
Thanks so muh for posting my shoe -I love the idea of having a shoe soiree - will you be doing more Marie Antoinette soirees - do let me know.

Magic Moonlight said...

All The Shoes are Glamorous! This was a Fabulous idea, Thanks for invite me! I'm ready for the next! Blanca.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Angela, thank you for hosting this very fun and fancy soiree. We were happy and honored to be a part of it. All the shoes are so pretty and I think Marie would have wanted every pair! Twyla

Sandi said...

Angela, a little late, my computer has been down since my post of the shoes, oh my what beautiful work everyone did, thanks for helping us think outside the box. Sandi

roseroomnz.com said...

wow, they are all wonderful! Rachaelxo

Jennifer said...

I love the fanciness! Yum! I need to go visit everyone's while I'm on the computer! :)

Contessa Kris said...

Ohhh, everyone did a beautiful job participating!

Tatieva said...

Oh là là, ce qu'elles sont belles, ces chaussures à la Marie-Antoinette !
I love !
Elles sont toutes à toi ?
Kisses from France,
Tatieva

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh...I am loving this shoe art!! It's a great way to enjoy beautiful shoes without having to wear something uncomfortable! Love it!!

Unknown said...

they are all wonderful and what a fun thing to do! thanks for sharing...melinda