Thursday, April 9, 2009

Egg Decorating


Yesterday was our annual Egg Decorating Session. My family goes over to my parents house to color Easter Eggs for our Huge Family get together on the weekend. Here is what I came up with this year. The Pink Collection
The pink group consists of the Marie Inspired Egg of course which was made from an Empty Ribbon spool used up from a craft we did in our last Mops meeting. I ripped off one side of the ribbon spool to leave the cylinder and one circle side of the spool. First I poked holes in either side of the cardboard spool with a large needle. I then cut a cheap bangle bracelet with wire cutters and bent it into the shape of the handle for the basket. I threaded the bangle bracelet that had been cut into both sides of the basket and curled it to create it's handle.

I then hot glued my Seam binding Crepe paper trim around the spool and lined the inside of the basket with coffee dyed Coffee Filters that I have for sale in my Etsy shop. I used a mini premade banner from the Martha Stewart line and glued a line from a music sheet onto it. Added a vintage bauble and filled the inside with some twigs to make a nest look. The egg was lightly dyed pink and I glued on a small image of a woman's head, a feather and a pretty old millinery flower to go in her hair. I glued on vertical strips of silver tinsel and placed her in the repourposed basket. Now I have a decoration I can use throughout the Easter season.For this Love egg I used one of my favorite filigree stamps to stamp on the egg with STAZ ON ink. Then wrote a word in the middle with a Fine Tip Sharpie Marker.

This is the first year I've ever tried Blowing out the eggs which made for some really creative egg decorating ideas. The above pink egg was blown out and lightly dyed in pink. While it was drying I cut off a ring from a used up paper towel roll. I wanted to use this as the base of what would hold the egg up. I tore strips of my Rustic Coffee Filters and glued them onto the ring in a ruffled design. I placed the egg on the base and added a dogwood stem into the egg for a pretty place setting or an extra special egg to hide.
The yellow collection

The green pair are made by blowing out the eggs and using them as vases. With the egg below I first cut strips from a purple piece of scrap paper and glued that into a cupcake paper cup. I then glued the shell of the egg with the flowers inside the cup.




A cute little Chicky made from Hot Pink Tulle and Feathers, Gold tinsel for the beak and Yellow Millinery Flowers for the feet.
HAPPY EASTER to you all! I hope you all have the most wonderful day full of smiles with Family and Friends!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

What pretty eggs! You've been busy! I've got to go boil some water for my eggs! :)

noodle and lou said...

oh they are all just GORGEOUS! What beautiful work!!! Wishing you a Happy Easter and lovely weekend!! xoxo...jenn

MiglÄ— said...

1st egg i loved the most :)

Unknown said...

my gosh.......you are so creative! I love them all!

Pieceful Bits said...

Such pretty egg designs!

Happy Easter
(~~)
Julie

Stephanie said...

Now THOSE are some fabulous Easter Eggs. Very creative!! Happy Easter!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

What beautiful creations! You are very inspiring. Have a very happy Easter. Twyla

maryboys said...

angela - how i love visiting your blog and seeing your latest ceations:) love it, as usual!

Barbara Jean said...

Angela,
Your eggs are wonderful!!!
Blowing them out is a lot of work, but what you have done with them is great.

Blessings to you and your family.

Barbara Jean

Mr Lee said...

Lovely eggs!Happy Easter.Hope your all doing well!Welcome to our blog
http://china-cutter.blogspot.com/

Sandi said...

what a wonderful hunt it will be, Happy Easter, Sandi

Jennifer said...

Angela, those are the fanciest eggs! I love them, wow! Happy Easter girl! I know you "weekend" is about to begin so have a great one and enjoy your family!

Rosemary said...

Such pretty eggs!
Hope you had a wonderful Easter,
Rosemary

Her Art Nest said...

Your eggs are brilliant! Love them all. So sweet! ~Nan

Sherry said...

Angela you've taken Easter Eggs to a whole nether level! You are amazing!

Sherry

Jeanne Oliver said...

There is a word for you...show off:-)