Thursday, April 2, 2009

It's Spring!



Well, Happy Spring to you!
I've only lived away from my parents for 5 years and this is the first year my Garden has really flourished. I think originally when I moved away from my Parent's house with My dad's established Garden I saw how much work and time he put into it & I thought there's no way I can do that. Why bother? But I've learned many great things about gardening and one is that, there are beginner flowers and beginner plants. God makes and maintains beautiful things on it's own. I give whatever I can to it and it lets me think I helped :) Therefore, I think of it as a direct Spiritual link with God who created it.
So, Happy Gardening! Here's how my beginner garden is doing now...
A pretty flower bed around my little birch tree features CandyTuft, Lemon Balm, and a Japanese painted fern.


Tulips and Daffodils off course. Which mean Easter is near. You should also know God is COMPLETELY in charge of what your garden does. When my Dad & I were picking out these bulbs while we were at the Pumpkin Patch last October I chose only White and Pink Daffodils and Tulips. I have White, Purple and red! God knows best. My husband loves them and I'm catching on to the brighter colors.


A Before and After shot of another little flower bed made up of Daffodils, Tulips, and in the After shot I've added some Dianthus & Dusty Miller.



3 comments:

Jennifer said...

COngrats on your flourishing garden! I love tulips. They are he best ever!

Diminutive Discoveries said...

Lovely! I have tons of Candy Tuft in my garden, although it's far from blooming! Odd enough, though, after a few years mine is a colossal mound that I have to chop up to maintain control of it. You may want to try out some Lavender- it and Thyme never give up in my garden!

maryboys said...

so as i'm reading your blog, i keep wondering why i have missed so many posts!?! i *know* that i'm following your blog - right? wrong! i can't believe it and i'm so glad that i came over here tonight - i thought you just hadn't posted for a long time..silly me:) well, now i'll be your shadow;)