Saturday, April 4, 2009

Coffee Filter Roses

I now have packs of light and dark mixed packages of coffee dyed coffee filters in my Etsy shop ready for your projects. Here I've made some roses out of these filters.

After this rustic rose was made I glued a brown feather to it's base and tied fabric from one of my daughter's old dresses that I coffee dyed also. I tied this fabric ribbon around the base of this candle that sits on my Hall Window sill for a beautiful piece of Home Decor.
With making these pink coffee filter roses it seems they needed something besides just the head of the flower. Because they didn't have many tones to the dyed paper like the coffee dyed filters do I decided to add some leaves.

This is how I made the leaves..... I went to The Vintage Workshop and looked through their Shop by theme page which is my favorite way to shop on their website. I chose the Around the World tab hoping to find something Marie-esque and I found this French Cheque.
I printed out 4 of them on a 8 by 11 piece of plain white paper and ripped leaf shapes out of the cheques. I then scored them were their veins would be with my fingernails. I crumpled up the leaves for a worn effect, stretched them back out and attached them to the base of the rose head with glue. For my Marie Floral arrangement on the branches I also lightly glued the base of the leaves around the branches. Give it a try!




4 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Of course we will join in your Soiree! Both of us will create shoes!
I've got a Marie Antoinette scrapbook layout listed on ebay right now. So this is perfect timing! I'm in a Marie mood!

Jennifer said...

How ever did I miss so much on your blog? You are getting so creative with your coffee filters! :)

Jessica Rodarte said...

Pretty flowers! You posted up so much in a few days! I gotta catch up. :)

j said...

I love the coffee filter roses! The feather was the perfect touch of whimsy!