Sunday, April 5, 2009

Marie-esque Home Accents

I have been embellishing these amazing wooden fans with pearls, feathers, vintage rhinestones. whatever would have been used by Miss Marie herself. This one is one of my favorites so far. So simple with a big statement. Hanging on a wall or resting on a China Hutch.


Here is a creation I made while I was in High school As my mom & I were decorating my room we got glass votives. Considering my glue gun is always plugged in it's only natural that I want to glue something to it! So I took a pretty two tone mauve colored worn rose and cut the petals off. I then glued them around the votive overlapping them. You must start from the top! Make sure not to have any part of the petals hanging colse to were the lite candle will be. Also, cut off the large leaves and remove any wire or plastic. Glue to the bottom of the votive. There you have a completed Rose Glass Votive. Perfectly safe for lighting a small votive candle in.
Okay, So it not Marie but here is a Sneak Peak of the project I'll be showing of what can be done with the GOrGEOUS image of Ruth Vincent from the Vintage Workshop

2 comments:

Barbara Jean said...

Angela,
Love your new technique of the stained paper behind her pic.
Really softens it, even more than the softness she already is.

Thank you for sharing.

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

Leigh said...

How beautiful home accents... I have seen many options for choosing lovely stuff at Home Decorators Collection...