Friday, March 13, 2009

Dress Up Picnic

For a fun Afternoon the kids & I set out to make a fancy Picnic. The girls dressed up in dresses, shoes and Mom's Vintage jewelry of their choosing. Valencia likes to wear my necklaces on her head which I think looks like beautiful headwear. Jaedin chose a top hat. He looked so handsome and he looked like the true gentlemen he is.
I made a fancy platter of food fit for royalty. Peanut Butter and jelly sandwiches, grapes and water. If we are touching back on the celebrating theme. Think of how truly blessed we are to be able to have these fancy dresses and jewels. If I think of what part of the day I feel most at peace, I would definitely without a doubt say watching my children eat. It sounds so strange but when I sit down with them to eat or prepare their food is when I feel the most accomplished. Knowing that my husband & I are providing this that some in the world don't have but truly need is amazing! & My prayers are with any parent who has to go without this blessed feeling any time in their lives. A true tragedy. This was such a joyous lunch and we will have proof of it in these gorgeous photos.
My sweet Angel, who could melt any heart with her voice. Who astounds me with her memory for lyrics and who declares "You make my hear super happy" when she is pleased with you.
Who asked to be held like a baby wrapped up in her "rainbow blankie" & requests Mommy to sing the Jesus loves me song every night before bed.


My handsome Jaedin who holds open doors for his Mommy and sisters. Who asked to be excused from the table when he's done eating and who hugs his sisters after being separated for a while. Who loves to sleep with his stuffed animals and likes Mommy to "scratch the buggies on his back"

My little Diva mess maker who pretty much runs the household. We weren't sure if we had plans to have a 3rd child but our family would not be complete without her. I could watch her mumble for hours, not because the words she speaks but because of her facial movements. She has a never ending reserve of hugs and kisses for Mommy. She calls her Grandma "Papa" & She is an absolute shoeaholic!

11 comments:

Diane Mars said...

Angela, the kids look so sweet and what a wonderful bit of sharing you did about each one. Those pictures just made me want to reach right through my computer screen and give them all a big hug (:
You are Blessed

MaygreenFairies said...

Angela, what a gorgeous post! Your children are adoreable, really beautiful little people! I only wish we lived closer so my
4yr old twin boys could meet them, I bet they'd have a blast together LOL! Mandy x

Our Green Nest said...

OH I love love love this post! What a fun idea to do with your kiddos and what an amazing creative mama you are! You sure have 3 beautiful kiddos and they each sounds precious! :)

Renee said...

What a blessed life.

xoxoxo

Brooks said...

What fun! Sounds like a great adventure! see you tonight!

Jessica Rodarte said...

How cute! :) What pretty pictures!

maryboys said...

love the photos and the narrative! beautiful.

roseroomnz.com said...

A beautiful post about your beautiful babies Angela:) Rachaelxo

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Your children's photos are Fabulous! Did you take them? And did you hand tint or photoshop the first one ~ I just love it!

Jennifer Paganelli said...

love your blog love your graphics!!!

Sherry said...

Wow! What wonderful fun! The pictures and the kids are amazing!

Sherry