Friday, January 9, 2009

Birches

In a post I did a while ago I told you about my dad & I planting bulbs together. That night, my husband & I went for a short tour through what our garden will be like in Spring. While we admired our pretty flower bed we started talking about how much we enjoyed our small birch in front of our house. Matt mentioned to me how the bark of the tree that was peeling off looked like real paper. Instantly I thought of writing on it with a fancy feathered Calligraphy pen. Of course I don't have one of those and if I had $50 to spare I most certainly would have one. I do have a calligraphy tipped pen & a little bottle of ink and so I started experimenting.




It was alot of fun & I intend on including a few pieces of our trees bark in the kids home Scrapbook ages as well as a Valentine book I'll be making for my husband.

5 comments:

Our Green Nest said...

Very cool Angela!!!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

What a beautifully creative idea! Twyla

Jennifer said...

Cute idea! Only you... :)

Jessica Rodarte said...

You're so clever Angela. What a neat idea.

Libby Buttons said...

I adore paper bark birches. We had them all around when I was growing up. So delicate and romantic. I love what you have done.
LiBBy