Wednesday, January 28, 2009

ARTFUL BLOGGING!

It HAs ArriVed!
My contributor's copy of the Feb 1st issue of Artful Blogging! I'm so happy to see my work and words in a magazine. I'm very pleased with what I wrote and the collection of photos. I can't wait for you all to read my story & what the blog world has taught me this past year. I can't help but think a year ago on Jan. 29th. What was I doing? I'm sure I wasn't thinking I'd be in Artful Blogging this time next year. It's so amazing what can be accomplished in just a short amount of time. Instead of taking my ultimate goals & trying to figure out a very precise plan to make it to the ultimate goal. I went day by day. Every e-mail or person that came into my life I dealt with that day and that week. What followed was my aspirations unfolding in front of me. I've met many people and done many things I didn't actually plan on but I'm enjoying every wonderful opportunity that is coming my way. I pray that God keeps me focused on what is important in life like spiritual connections with the ones I love and a clarity for my mind so I can get these humanly tasks done in an efficient and timely manner without loosing any meaning that life is trying to show me.
Thank you So much to everyone who supports me. I'm sending out my love and appreciation to each of you:) Okay you talked me into it. Just a tiny peek!


As I was talking about meeting new people and having exciting e-mails every day. So, also happened yesterday when Cassandra Russel asked me to fill out this interview questionnaire about myself and my artwork. Here is a bit of what I answered.

who the artist is: ANGELA HARRIS ~Any Art~ Missouri~ 23 year old Stay at Home Mom of 3 children (Ages 4,3 & 2)

what's your story: I'm guessing my Angel Grandma who passed away when I was 4 handed down art to me as a gift knowing she wouldn't be here with me long. I feel everything comes pretty natural about art. It just makes sense. As a teenager I decorated my room and made myself an art desk out of two small columns and a piece of wood for the top. I used an overstuffed pillow as a seat. Had a little Jelly Cabinet and kept all of my craft supplies in there. The glue gun was always plugged in and there was always a project on my desk.

My husband & I went straight from High School to working full time to support our growing family. Now I still have a craft room in our home I've gone from working full time at Michaels Arts & Crafts for 6 years to being a Full time Stay at home Mom ~ Part time Artist.


See the full Post with photos and all through this link. Make sure to come back and see me on Feb 1st right after you go get your Artful blogging Magazine to see me announce my celebratory GiVeAwAy.

4 comments:

Bev said...

Congrats!! Your stuff is so deserving of being in a magazine! Now I'm gonna have to go out and buy a copy! Keep up the great work!

nikki said...

hey...you dont know me..so ill introduce myself first..im nikki...22 , mother of my little sweet boy michael (almost 2) and artist...i came across your blog and was browsing through your work..then i read this post..and honestly..it touched me...to see that in a year you have been published...have a beautiful craft room and 3 blessings...and when i read what u wrote "what a year can make" it was so inspiring..im very into art..mixed media..scrapbooking, photography..and made it my goal to be published this year..and im trying...if i dont..then i will learn from my mistakes and try again..but to see what a year makes for someone is truly inspiring to me..it gives me some hope that this year can be different..better...:o)
well...sorry for all the sap..lol..but sometimes u come across certain people & they touch u somehow...
okie..well i hope you have a wonderful weekend!
xoxo, nikki

Jessica Rodarte said...

How exciting to see your work published!! I am so picking up a copy tomorrow!! lol! Seriously, you rock! :o)

Jennifer said...

Your excitement is so cute! :)