Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What I'm reading this month...


Hey guys! It's good to be back to blogging again. I took a big long break. I'm not really sure why. I guess I just needed a while to get back into it. It hasn't helped that my husband has had the computer all tied up. He's a big online gamer with the new Call of Duty out. I barely get to check my e-mail. Silly Boys!
To keep myself busy and learning I've been reading. All of these books are the books I read throughout November.


As I was at the library looking for Francine Rivers books I saw the binding of this book and chose it because it was so pretty. It just so happens it's about a woman in her 40's who moves to a small town to realize her dream of opening a girls foster home. I loved the small town's loyalty and love for each other. Always helping each other out and bringing baked goodies and keeping together through faith. This book inspired me to finally get involved with a volunteer program to meet people in my church. This is a leap out of my comfort zone so I hope I will do well. I believe God gives everyone talents and interests for a reason & I think using them to help others and teach others is going to be very full filling. The first program I'm getting involved with now is an Adopt a family program through my church called Christmas Wishes. What I'm So excited for is they are having Wrapping Parties to wrap almost 3000 gifts! I love wrapping so it's perfect. Also, after talking to the program director she is having me fill out those 250 families names on their gift tags! I'm so excited!

I'm also so glad I found this book because it has gotten me interested in Annette Smith. Right now I'm also reading a Crooked Path which is not pictured but is great. There is a lesson to be learned from every book I read & now I'm excited to go find all of her toher books. I was happy to learn she has a blog too. Come meet her here!
Of course more Francine Rivers books. This is one of 5 books in the Sons of Encouragement Series she wrote about the 5 men in the bible who changed the world.
Leota's Garden was a very beautiful book about an 84 year old woman who is living out her days alone in her home. Estranged from her 2 children. It's about her journey with God and how she gets back to doing what she loves. Being with her family and gardening.

No comments: