Giveaway #1 Pretty Powder Blue Package including a handmade crepe paper rose, vintage handkerchief, Trim tag & floral plate
Giveaway #2 Antique Periwinkle Package includes vintage plate, butterfly rhinestone pin, German post card, trinkets, buttons & a tag full of lace and some star sparkles. (Available in my Etsy shop today!)
Giveaway #3 Vintage Post Card Cards with a pink lace tag.
Just leave a comment on this post and I will draw 3 names on Wednesday, August 13th
So it's been about 8 months since I started this blog. There were a few reasons I decided to start sharing my art and I will go on in trying to list them openly and honestly which is so important. As you know we all share more with our personal handwritten diaries than on our blogs. So why not? It can't hurt to be brutally honest in my 100th blog post. And because I can't read for long periods of time without pictures there will be some pretty entertainment along the way.
Reasons I started a blog:
1. When I left work last September, I was afraid I was going to become a lazy bum Stay at home mom watching Tv and eating all day ignoring my kids.
2. I never had anyone to answer too for getting things done, pertaining to art. The only time I created anything was when a birthday party came up. So a blog was a way to get myself believing I had to keep creating just in case anyone was looking.
3. To meet and make friends. I have always been one to have very close friendships with 3 or 4 people because of the quality of friendship I wanted. I felt I couldn't give that loyalty to more than a few. Blogging has let me meet friends in which not much is required of me but to encourage them to keep with their artist self and use kind words every now and then. I don't have to meet a quota of visits per friend every month. Just in the time it takes to type during nap time and you have friends just as kind as you would in the flesh.
4. A blog is like a billboard of your talents. People can reach you from everywhere. You have millions of potential friends, colleagues, inspirations, teachers & customers. It is a way to meet people who might believe in you and take chances with you.
5. I felt like starting a blog would define me to myself better. I don't think when I was pregnant for 3 consecutive years I thought about anything. I was exhausted and emotional and I couldn't have told you my favorite color or where my glue gun was. So sad:( This was a way for me to compile my favorite things onto one page that I felt defined me. I learned alot about who I am and am still doing so as my taste change often. I 'm tweaking who I want to become and portray myself to be.
I believe for many situations a blog can be the happiness factor in your life. Like becoming a new mother possibly a stay at home mom who doesn't have a routine or time for herself. Maybe you have a new windfall of time due to retiring or your children going off too school . This can be a huge relaxation tool for those situations. But you have to be careful that the number of sales or number of comments or visits doesn't define your success.
What I feel I have accomplished in the last 8 months due to having a blog:
* I Built more character & Self Esteem
* Made friends with an unmeasurable amount of inspiration & talent
*Received so many cool things from Swaps. So far I've finished 18 in 3 months and I've joined 22 more.
* I've become a better writer & thanks to the artists around me have had to rise to their level of fine art.
* My artwork may be published soon in Somerset Life!
* Found an art style that fits my personality
* Organized and purged things in my home.
* Decorated my home.
*I've admired God's artwork more thoroughly & have thus become more Spiritual.
* Started YourAngil Adornments Etsy shop.
* Started YourAngil Adornments Etsy shop.
* Made it a point to "go out" and see things this year to post about like...my first trip to California, my first concert & going to the fox theatre.
* While I'm not sure I made more than I spent. It still feels good to make a bit of $ from a hobby that you enjoy doing and are able to do at home.
* Got my kids involved with mommy's art projects and got them into a better daily routine.
* I am greener. Now that I've done many swaps I've learned to use everyday things or trash for projects & packaging. Cutting cost for me and waste for the environment.
* Learned to deal with rejection.
Some goals I have for my next 100 posts are to think more intellectually. Think things through and talk them out. To explore around my hometown more. Go out and see what Missouri has to offer me & what I can offer people here too! I want to host a swap before I get all "Swapped out". I want to have more giveaways and do some Show and tells.
I wish I could make gifts for all of you lovely friends who come and visit and keep me company on my journey through becoming an accomplished artist and mom. Thanks for hanging out with me for 100 posts! I hope 100's more are to come.