Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Coffee Dyed Note Cards


I have found that these coffee dyed cards that I make for earring cards work wonderfully for note cards. I find myself writing little thank you notes and such to everyone. Now I keep a drawer of these as well as my hang tags laying around.
Personalizing a gift to make a friend feel special is as easy as one evening of creating a bulk of these cards.


To make these cards...

Materials:

Manila folders
12 inch Paper Cutter
Stamps
Staz- on ink
Coffee
Glass baking pan
Scrap towel
Cookie sheet


1. Begin by filling a glass baking dish half way full with water. Add a scoop of instant coffee.
Dip a full manila folder into the dish. you may need to cut of one inch of the tabs to let the folder fit into the dish. Let sit for a couple of minutes

2. Hand ring out the manila folders by squeezing the water out of the paper.
Set onto a towel and fold the towel over the folders to press out any extra moisture.


3. Set one sheet layer on baking sheet and bake at 290 degrees for about 10-12 minutes. This makes the manila folder crisp and dyes down the antiqued look. Remove from oven and let sit to cool

4.When sheet is cooled off, bring to your paper cutter and cut to desired size. These cards seen in the photos are 3 and a half inches across by 5 inches long. Stamp bottom center of cards.
And write heartfelt note! Walla!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely. I love manila folders for tags and book covers, etc.
Great vintage feeling to your photos.
Xo,
Tammy

Grace said...

Very Pretty! I love the lace journal Grace