Friday, May 23, 2008

Vacation Day 2

Hello everyone! Hope everyone is having a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend! I wish I knew someone with a pool :)
So on to Day 2 of my beautiful vacation. You know I have to post everyday so I can relive these sweet memories. Since there is a 2 hour time difference between St. Louis and California I woke up at 6:00 a.m. This is the spot that I was lucky enough to be in that morning. By the foothill of the Kaweah river in Three Rivers. Watching the sun come up over the Mountains. I was able to journal for almost 2 hours here. I will be showing you my vacation journal soon in the next couple of posts. It's almost done.


After journaling I went in the River Dance Bed & Breakfast to find the hostess Sharon making us & another British couple breakfast. It was so delicious! It was nice speaking with this couple who were actors from Britain. They said they now taught acting classes and workshops in many different schools. They were a pleasant people who had a compassionate outlook on human suffering & valued life. After breakfast we were off to Sequoia National Park.




It was pretty shocking to see how big these trees grew & we were surprised to see snow still on the ground in small patches. As we walked down the short path to get to the Sherman tree (The largest living tree) we happened upon this Chipmunk who didn't mind the hikers in the park.





After seeing the magical trees I thought it would be whimsical if I wore a pretty crocheted dress. I can't wait to add some wings and creatures to these pictures when I'm scrapbooking.




Next we visited Morro Rock which is in the same park. We climbed 400 steps to 7,000 ft. elevation to see this view.

This was my favorite little resting spot on the way up and down. There was a nice breeze blowing through. It really wasn't as tough as I thought it would be . All together a great experience.

If you ever do get to visit this park. Make sure you do it in a convertible! It was so beautiful to be able to look up and out the whole time. After we left the park we had to get driving to the Coast of California to stay in a beach side resort and I didn't want to miss out on the Antique shops in Three Rivers so we stopped at a place called Rosemary's Remembrances. A cute name I thought. She had an array of many different cultured collectibles.

Of course my favorites were the china and jewelry collections.

I thought that was the only shop we were going to get to until we saw this on our way passing the Lemon coves. I had to stop. I was called by a fine artistic presence. A laid back feeling.

An old home made into an Antiques shop. I loved this display of interesting plates and silk flowers loosely put together in the garden.






The perfect motto to live by. I can't wait to make a large painting with this quote to go over my couch. I ended up with some vintage photos and old post cards for 25 cents each. I also found an Almanack in a different language from 1929 for only $1. Time to make the drive over to the Central Coast of California which was absolutely the most amazing drive I've ever taken. I wouldn't mind relocating to a small town like Cambria by the coast mixed in with those wineries. And finally, here is where we ended our 2nd day in California. The Cavalier Resort in San Simeon. We had a oven view room with personal balcony and fireplace. They even had champagne in our room when we arrived.
Their beaches were mostly rocks and bluffs a small amount of sand. As you can see we couldn't have asked for a prettier sunset.

I can't believe we experienced this in all one day. It was exhausting just showing you all of it. I would strongly recommend all of it though!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

You are so cute! I love the dress you are wearing in the pictures. Oh, to be young and skinny again!!

Jennifer said...

oh remember the good times. i'm enjoying browsing your blog right now. (can you tell that i am in my photoshop class with old people who don't even know what a keyboard is?! boring!!!)