Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wine Country Gardens 2


This year we took our 2nd annual trip to Wine Country Gardens in Missouri. Only about 30 minutes from our home is a grouping of gorgeous wineries. This happens to be the first you come to but it is one that my Mom and Dad are fond of. Last year we were able to get a babysitter for the kids so my husband & I could go with My mom and Dad. This year my husband was kind enough to watch the kids while I accompanied my parents.
First order of business when we walk in is always to do some Wine Tasting. We taste 3 wines and buy a few bottles of whichever we like. Then we come out to the covered patio looking over rolling hills. This is where we sit and enjoy our first bottle and have lunch and visit.

When we are done with lunch and we're ready to stretch our legs we take a little walk over to the pond about 15 yards from our lunch patio. On the way there are huge trees and beautiful blooming plants. All of which my parents like to tell me the names of.



Around the pond there is a family of ducks and 2 Swans. The ducks are so used to the people visiting that they walked right across our path on the way to the pond.



By this time we are almost done with our second bottle and the visiting turns into jokes and laughing. This is always one of the funnest parts of our trip. I think that must be one of my favorite things to do on this earth, is to laugh with family.

After we've completed our walk all the way around the pond we rest at an old picnic bench sitting on some unbalanced rocks. By this time we are on our 3rd bottle usually and the joking turns into reflection and deep conversation. A time of learning. And what a view to cause reflection~!

No comments: