Monday, April 26, 2010

Djembe Drum

I've thought for a while that my daughter Valencia might have a talent in music. She can dance and sing a routine after seeing a movie or tv show. She is amazing at remembering words to songs from the radio in the car. So I found this absolutely amazing website called Palumba and went right to their music section and found this Djembe Drum. It was beautiful ,natural & handmade. Everything I wanted it to be. It is a great value and shipped very fast.

We received it only 3 or 4 days after ordering so we were surprised to get it this day. We had our rainbow fort all set up outside while grilling and the kids played some beautiful music for us with their xylophone, djembe drum and their claps.
Getting a hang of the sounds......
Tuning with the xylophone........
Stretching her fingers..............

she astounded me with her creativity in how to play it. We've never seen someone play it but she jumped right in by stretching her fingers. (Have no idea where she got that?) and began to tap the sides and then clap.
Like I said ......must be talent.
I can't wait to try out some more products from Palumba. She's already asking for the Lyre.

(Girls beautiful bright dresses are from Delany's Den)

3 comments:

short courses said...

She has the potential. She could be a great musician someday.

VM Creation Atelier said...

That´s great,my dear Angela!!!-)*

You are Mother and only you can so good feel it...I mean,the talent of you child!!!
I think also that Valencia(such a bautiful name!-)*would be a good artist with you help!

My hugs and Love,
***Violetta***

Ariella said...

hahaha! These photos are beyond gorgeous. Love them.