Monday, January 25, 2010

Christmas Outreach

It's taken me so long to even begin posting about this past Christmas because it was my first real grown up Christmas where I had a huge amount of responsibilities. I've never been so busy in my life. That for a month now, just the thought of it exhausted me. I learned in December how much I can achieve in such a small period of time and I learned my limits.

Here are my sweet little princesses, Valencia Love and Valoria Juliet on our way to meet Grandma. As I went to Church to be a part of my favorite outreach of the year.
The kids & I awaited Grandma's arrival in the parking lot to pick them up so I could begin the week long process of the Christmas Wishes program at church.At the start of this event we ask members of our Church family if they would like to be a part of outreach by helping a family have a really blessed Christmas. Every year the giving grows. This year our church provided Christmas gifts for over 350 families. Here is the Entryway of the Church lined with extra gifts.

Lining all the Halls were boxes of gifts for each family.Worship center, Every foot of the building is covered with specially purchased gifts.
Every box filled with gifts for Moms , Dads, Grandmas and every child~!

It was an amazing event this year and gave me such a sense of purpose to help with every aspect of this event. I'd have to say the best feeling I received from all of this was thinking about all of these families on Christmas morning as my family opened their gifts knowing that we helped coordinate many people's Christmas mornings. Giving them a hopeful end of their tough year.
The glory is God's because he placed the goodness in people's hearts to reach out to fellow beings and he provided these givers with the funds to buy these gifts.
It was a fantastic event and I can't wait to do it again next year!


3 comments:

VM Creation Atelier said...

Dear Angela,
what a nice,lovely and pretty girls do you have!!!-)***

I like you photos very mach!

With love,***Violetta***

Julie Ann said...

Your girls are beautiful!!! I just love their dresses :) And WOW! How awesome your church was able to help so many families on Christmas!! These pictures are so representative of what the Christmas spirit is all about!

sanjeet said...

That must have been so exciting!

Work from home India