Sunday, September 6, 2009

My First baby off to Kindergarten


It's been 3 weeks since my first little baby went off to Kindergarten. It's been a totally different experience than I thought it would. I thought I would sit with my 2 daughters and cry my eyes out all day long not knowing what my 5 year old son was doing all day and who he was with.

Here we are sending him off to his first day of school Not a tear in sight!

With the help of the school having their orientations and open houses, in talking closely through e-mail with the principals I learned a little about the school before he started. During an orientation they offered that the kids come and meet their bus drivers and get to ride home on the bus on a trial run. I didn't think Jaedin would get on the bus all year! I thought I would be so overly protective that I would drive him to and from school every day.
Going to Kindergarten Orientation

All of this changed. Jaedin was excited to ride the bus and so excited to go to school that it was strangely easy for me. Thank goodness my husband was home the first two days Jaedin left for school and I'm so thankful that he loves his teacher and bus driver and he loves his time at school.
Thank God!

My son's Kindergarten Teacher's Gift Basket

7 comments:

Sandi said...

Angela, my baby turns 22 this week and I remember that first day of kindergarten like it was yesterday, squeeze him softly everyday and keep the memories close, they are grown and gone much too quickly. As always your work and sharing are exquisite. Sandi

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Awe Angela, this post was too cute! He looks so happy, of course there were no tears from neither of you!!!
Have I told you lately how beautiful your creations are? You are so talented!
everything vintage

Jessica Rodarte said...

I'm glad he likes school; it makes it easier when they have to go. *sigh*
I love what you made for the teacher. She's lucky! :D

Twyla and Lindsey said...

They grow up so fast! Enjoy your children. Twyla

Martha said...

Oh Angela ~ what a wonderful day it seems like for you~ LOVE your family pictures of course...and what a BEAUTIFUL gift for the teachers...how sweet...

Linda K. said...

I remember when my 2 babies on their first day of kindergarten. The are 36 and 33 today. Sniff, Sniff. This is an adorable post. You never forget it.
Blessings,
Linda

Fernando Solis Eguiza said...

El NiƱo Y Tu Pilin