Saturday, April 5, 2008

Baby boxes

While I had my craft mess out yesterday working on the celebrate banner swap. I think I had forgotten what pretty supplies I had so I took the opportunity to finish some long overdue projects. Here are my daughter's keepsake baby boxes where I store my pregnancy journals, hospital bracelets, old outfits, shoes, blankies & announcements.

I think my girls are really going to enjoy opening these in the future. This first suitcase box was purchased from Michaels for $4 with a coupon. On the inside of the lid I added a place to display my daughter's baby announcements and photos. This is a good way to keep our cherished documents from getting bent.
A round hat box makes a beautiful baby keepsakes box. I found a teal skirt at a consignment shop for $1. I made these adorable lace flowers by cutting the tops off of the girls old ruffled socks. I simply swirled the lace and used hot glue to secure a pink pearl to the middles. The strand of pearls I purchased for $1 at the Flea market last year.

No comments: