Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Decorating

To kick off the idea of Christmas to our young kids we started with a Gingerbread house kit from Michaels that was prices at 9.99 and I used a 40% off coupon. the kids LOVED making this and they love it still as it serves as decor until Christmas day. I feel that this is the first year they can comprehend what Christmas is and anticipate the fun coming.



Every year I dress the kids in christmas colors and have them help us put up the tree. This year was the first I'm sure of many to come where I met resistance from Valencia about what she would wear :) notice she is the one in black and white but still absolutely adrable! This year they helped us fluff the tree branches.

This year I had very simple and light decorations for fall. Some clearance berry garland from Michaels a few years past and some lovely decorations I've received from Blog friends during swaps.


I hop you all are enjoying wonderful Christmas Traditions with your family!!

1 comment:

Martha said...

Angela ~ I love how you show your life...your pictures of your kiddos are darling...and I love that you did a gingerbread house...that is something I have never tried but maybe next year for sure! I love it!